Architectural Paints Imerys minerals are excellent, cost-effective pigments, fillers and extenders for decorative paints
Imerys minerals make excellent, cost-effective multifunctional pigments, fillers and extenders, enhancing the optical and mechanical properties of your interior and exterior decorative paints.
- Improve dry hiding and opacity
- Are effective TiO2 extenders reducing formulation costs
- Enhance matting / flatting effect
- Reduce mud and surface cracking
- Improve barrier properties and stainblocking
- Improve rheology, paint adhesion and application
- Contribute to VOC reduction
- Improve impermeability of outdoor paints
- Are easy to disperse
- Enhance scrub, color, UV and weather resistance
- Minimize settling
- Are natural, environmentally friendly solutions
They are ideal for:
- Decorative topcoats and undercoats (primers)
- Flat /matt, semi-gloss, satin, egg-shell and gloss decorative paints and primers
- Low VOC paints, zero-VOC paints, solvent-free paints, bio paints, one-coat paints and outdoor wood coatings
- All solvent borne (e.g. alkyd) and water borne (e.g. latex, emulsion) binder bases such as acrylics, polyurethanes, polyesters, melamine resins, epoxies, and oils, as well as powder coatings
Certain grades are available in high-density, dust-free micro-beads for easy dispersion and handling and less dust.
|Function||Recommended product ranges|
|Opacity and TiO2 extension||
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.