Opacity, dry hiding and TiO2 extension Imerys talcs - cost- effective TiO2 extenders
Imerys talcs make excellent, cost-effective eco-friendly extenders to hiding pigments such as TiO2.
Imerys talc products:
- Are highly lamellar with a high specific surface area. This promotes the formation of air filled voids in the film as it dries, giving an effect of dry hiding above the CPVC.
- Improve TiO2 utilization through better spacing, optimizing prime pigment efficiency
- Are suitable for waterborne and solvent-borne paints and primers
- Are ideal for flexographic inks
Jetfine® 1 is:
- An excellent alternative to opaque polymers and synthetic aluminum silicate
- Ideal for VOC-compliant alkyd paints
- Suitable for use in outdoor and indoor coatings
Mistron® Monomix G talc is an excellent TiO2 extender in all decorative paints and specifically recommended for flexographic inks due to its whiteness, fineness of grind and particle size distribution.
Mistron® Monomix G allows formulators to:
- Reduce TiO2 content by 20 to 25%
- Maintain whiteness and opacity
- Obtain 5 to 9% savings on formulation costs
Our Steopac® and Steabright® talc chlorites are also ideal TiO2 extenders in decorative paints.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.