Breathable Film Imerys calcium carbonates boost the performance of breathable films
Imerys is the leading producer worldwide of engineered ground calcium carbonates (GCC) for breathable film applications such as diapers, medical and hygiene products, roofing and agricultural films.
Breathable films are cost-effective, polymer based films which provide moisture control in a wide range of applications including diapers, feminine hygiene and incontinence protection products where breathability is an essential parameter of user comfort. Breathable films are also widely used as roofing membranes.
Our FilmLink® range of high-brightness, surface-treated ground calcium carbonates (GCC) has been designed to provide:
- High film quality
- Optimal breathability
- Improved processability
- High moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR)
- Excellent dispersion in the polymer
- Superior mechanical properties
- Improved brightness and printability
- Lower liquid break through
- High opacity and good color
- UV stability
- FilmLink®400 for high moisture vapor transmission rate films
- FilmLink® 520 for excellent dispersion in the polymer
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.